Tuesday, April 26, 2011

30 before 30

To live is so startling it leaves little time for anything else.  ~Emily Dickinson


It's finally here, my 30 before 30!  This is something my real life friend at emyselfandi started last year and, without having a blog to post to, I particpated in spirit.  But now I have a blog and something to keep me accountable.  So here we go:




  1. Grow my hair to my waist
  2. Learn to play the cello
  3. Milk a cow
  4. Swim with dolphins
  5. Go to Mardi Gras
  6. Organize my photos and scrapbook as appropriate
  7. Take a road trip across the country 
  8. Keep a regular journal and write in it at least once a week for a year
  9. Take a digital photography class
  10. Help build a house
  11. Attend a multi-day music festival like Bonnaroo or Warped Tour
  12. Learn another language
  13. See the Arnolfini Portrait in person
  14. Read one book every week for a year
  15. Learn to paint
  16. Go to the Kentucky Derby and wear a big hat
  17. Go to the Olympics
  18. See the Aurora Borealis in person
  19. Attend an Indian wedding ceremony
  20. Visit Haiti, Italy, and Africa
  21. Take a dance class at a studio in New York
  22. Learn to crab and then use my skills
  23. Drive the entirety of the Pan American highway
  24. Spend time working/volunteering in an orphanage overseas
  25. Ride in a hot air balloon
  26. See all the classic movies in AFI's top 100 movies
  27. Fly by myself
  28. Go on a cruise
  29. See street art being produced
  30. Build a piece of furniture

Here's the link to Em's blog - check her list out too!  Want to play along?  Leave a comment with a link to your list (or the list itself).

Happy living!


No comments:

Post a Comment