Tuesday, May 3, 2011

'Tis the season

Wedding season, that is.

This past weekend I was privileged to watch my college friend Jenna get married.  Kat, who was a bridesmaid in the wedding, and I drove up to the DC area Friday afternoon for the Saturday event. 


Jenna made a beautiful bride, and I was thrilled to be able to share her special day with her.  Unfortunately, all the pictures I took were on her sister's camera, so I'm waiting for her to send me some of the better ones.  (These are stolen goods from Facebook).  Because Kat and I only took one car, I was her shadow for a lot of the pre-wedding doings, which I didn't mind one bit.  Having been a bridesmaid before, I was more than happy to fetch things and take pictures to document the day - if only I didn't have to be in heels for most of it...

The trip was short as both Kat and I had to be at work on Sunday.  The ceremony was in the morning, which was convenient, so we were on the road about 3pm.  We had crammed a lot into a short period of time:  wedding rehearsal, ceremony and reception, a quick visit with my friend Christian, and shopping (we'd stopped at the Leesburg Outlets on Friday and Saturday went to Kohl's and the Harrisonburg mall), so needless to say we were pretty exhausted upon our arrival back home.

I'm so happy I was able to share this special day with Jenna and Dan, and while I don't know Dan very well, I know that if he was lucky enough to be picked by her he must be pretty special.  Congratulations to both of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment